Child Development and Care
L2 NCFE CACHE Level 2 Technical Award in Child Development and Care
At BGIS we study a vocational L2 Technical Award in Child Development and care. We follow the NCFE CACHE exam board and this is an equivalent to a GCSE qualification.
The following 3 units of study are followed:
- Unit 1: An introduction to working with children aged 0-5 years. This unit is internally assessed.
- The aim of this unit is to give an overview of the types of settings and local provision for children:- how to prepare for working in settings and the responsibilities of early years workers, gaining understanding of individuals needs and how to treat children fairly.
- Unit 2: Development and well-being 0-5 years. This unit is internally assessed.
- This unit focuses on holistic development and factors that affect development Eg: ways of observing children so that they can support development through appropriate activities and routines, learning how to work with children when they move from one setting to another.
- Unit 3:-Child care and development 0-5 years. This is externally assessed and is a multiple choice question paper.
- This unit will assesses knowledge about the development of children aged 0-5 years:- different types of care settings and your responsibilities when working with children, understanding how children develop according to their individual needs.
There is also an external examination that tests all 3 of the above units.
Level 3 Award, Certificate and Diploma in Child Care and Education.
Apprenticeships within the Childcare industry.
Mrs D Drillingcourt
Mrs K Dunne