Business Studies - KS4
BTEC FIRST AWARD IN BUSINESS
The course will help you to:
- Learn about how a new business is set up and the role of an entrepreneur.
- Understand how large and small businesses operate and are organised.
- Learn about the different kinds of jobs which people can do in different businesses.
- Study the key marketing activities and customer services used by businesses.
- Find out how businesses keep their financial records and accounts and produce these accounts for a business of your own.
- Develop business communication skills.
METHOD OF STUDY
Learning methods include:
- Visits to different businesses and listening to visiting speakers who come into school.
- Carrying out your own research into the operations of different kinds of businesses.
- Making notes on your research findings and from given resource materials.
- Analysing case studies to find out about the marketing activities of successful businesses.
- Word processing reports and using ICT to produce financial documents and accounts.
METHODS OF ASSESSMENT
The following units are studied and assessed:
- Unit 1 Enterprise in the Business World – Coursework
- Unit 2 Finance for Business – Examination
- Unit 3 Promoting a Brand – Coursework
- Unit 4 Recruitment, Selection and Employment - Coursework